UK Motor Pool
The UK Motor Pool provides the University of Kentucky faculty and staff with cost effective, safe and reliable transportation.
Available Services for Departmental Vehicles
Fuel Island - conveniently located with 24/7 access.
Carwash - our fully equipped automatic carwash is Monday - Friday. Please contact the Motor Pool for rate information.
Please see Vehicle Reservations for types of vehicles and rates. For your convenience reservations may be made several ways:
- Who may drive a University of Kentucky Motor Pool vehicle? See E-14-2 in the UK Business Procedure Manual
- UK Motor Pool vehicle insurance policy: See E-14-1 in the UK Business Procedure Manual
- In addition to the Business Procedure Manual, the Motor Pool has the following regulations:
- A valid drivers license is required to pick up a Motor Pool vehicle.
- An MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) release form must be on file with UK Risk Management.
- Pets are not allowed in Motor Pool vehicles unless a service animal.
- Smoking is not allowed in University vehicles.
- Drivers of the 12-passenger vans must be a certified van driver and meet the driver requirements outlined in the Business Procedure Manual. Additionally, 12-passenger van drivers must pick up the vehicle in person.
Rental Fleet Accidents/Emergencies
If an accident or emergency occurs please contact the Motor Pool 24/7 at (859) 257-3119 to report the incident and obtain help. In the case of an accident the driver is responsible for filling out an accident report within 24 hours.